Tuesday 29 March 2011

Healthy, Wealthy and Wise???

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy,wealthy and wise.  What does that mean????  I am a night owl so mine would probably read, early to bed, early to rise, makes this lady irritable, cranky and a grump.

One of my changes in my life is to get up 2 hours before I have to leave for work in the morning and yep, guess what?  It is dark outside, the dog is confused and I am having my morning cup of coffee at 5:47 am. I actually had set the alarm for 6:00 am but I think the anxiety of getting up this early caused me to waken before the alarm had even gone off.

I decided that it was very important for me to have breakfast and important that the kids have breakfast too instead of grabbing something as they run out the door.  I don't usually eat until I get to work and when the kids are grabbing and running, well it is never anything healthy. 

As it is right now, I am doing this on my own because the kids are on Spring Break and I really didn't want them to hate me that much.  Those times happen all by themselves often enough.

**Update - well I made it through the day.  My eyes are stinging and are itchy, I must be lacking a crap load of oxygen because I can't stop yawning, but I did it. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  TO be honest I kind of liked having a little bit of quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment